Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year's Resolution

Wow-- I can't believe it's been 2 years + since my last post.  Time flies.  The recipe experiment has continued, usually with good results, and I always think about typing things up.  Then someone starts crying or a pot boils over or the phone rings and the recipe gets shoved back in a binder for "someday".  But now it's a new year and I'm determined to turn over a new leaf!

I originally started this experiment as a way to expand what our family was eating and to clean out some of the bazillions of recipes that I'd collected over the year.  In the three years we've been trying new recipes, we've found lots of things that we love.  Some of them have become family dinner staples.  Others were less than successful.  But overall, the experiment in general has been a definite success.  There's a lot of excitement when I say we're trying a new recipe (except from the picky one, who would rather just eat plain macaroni).  We've tried some different vegetables and used some different spices.  We've expanded our palates and livened up our dinners.

As I've thought about my blog, I realized I really love sharing food with others.  With crazy work schedules and four kids with activities, we don't always get to have people over like we'd like to.  So this is my way of sharing a bit of our family with yours.

I'll spend the next few weeks catching up on recipes we've tried and loved, then continue on.  The binder of "recipes to try" doesn't ever seem to get any thinner!

Happy eating!  Please leave comments if you try any of the recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment