Thursday, July 14, 2011

The great recipe beginning

For years and years and years I have cut out recipes from magazines and newspapers, pulled them from the internet, and I have a collection of cookbooks that makes my husband shake his head. Finally this year, in preparation for a move (and because I was unemployed for the first time in my adult life and had the time to deal with it), I had to get organized. So I cleaned off the cookbook shelf, gathered all the recipes, and put them in a notebook. As I was going through them, I realized there was some really yummy looking food in my collection, and we'd never tried these recipes! Thus began the great recipe experiment. My goal is to try at least one new thing every week. Sometimes it's more, depending on how the week goes.

When I started posting pictures of our recipe experiment on Facebook, I got many requests from friends for the recipes. So I'm starting this blog to make it easy to share!

Our family consists of me and my husband and four children. The two of us will eat most things, although we differ on tomatoes (I like, he doesn't) and pork (he likes, I don't). Emily, age 7, is also a great eater and likes just about everything. Jonathan, age 5, likes almost nothing, and Abigail, 19 months, is like her big sister. Benjamin, our baby, isn't eating yet, but we're hoping for another non-picky eater! Along with the recipes, I'll chronicle how they were received by our family. I'll also throw in some tips for preparing meals for a busy family.

Hope you enjoy! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment